The doctors came by this morning to say that Riley's x-ray was much improved and that we could go home. I was convinced that the film would be worse since Riley's breathing seemed to be more labored to me, but so be it. They surmise that his effusions had increased yesterday because of better hydration, but diminished today due to the effects of the diuretics. He'll stay on the lasix 20mg BID for now. After the good news, we only had to sit around for another three hours while the pharmacy figured out how to fill his morning lasix and his final dose of azithromycin for tomorrow. We'll take Riley in for an x-ray on Monday to confirm that the effusions have not taken a turn for the worse. His cough should hopefully start to subside over the next week.
Thanks to everyone for your support during this most recent unplanned hospital excursion. Let's hope we can stay hospital-free.
Saturday, September 23, 2006
We're home
Posted by Ken Norton at 9/23/2006 02:46:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes, we agree. Good talking with you all and glad you are home. You are constantly in our thoughts.
Grammy (aka Mom, Peg) and Wayne
hello, nortons! just wanted to let you know someone's rooting for you all to sleep in your own beds soon.
get better, riley!
the Fs
Hello Ken & Suzanne,
I'm just reading this now, I hadn't checked the blog in the last few weeks so I missed this whole ordeal. I'm very happy to hear things turned out OK and you're out of the hospital now.
Also, I'm so sorry to hear about little Maverick. How terribly tragic. I'll be thinking about his family. :-(
Post a Comment